These release notes are for Nectar Foundation APM (formerly Nectar Foundation). For more information, contact Nectar Support (email@example.com).
- It is not possible to use Remote Software Upgrade on a Linux platform to upgrade from a version prior to v8.6.
- RIG Client requires Oracle or OpenJDK JRE 1.8 and above.
- Note: Runtime version will be enforced before RIG Client JAR files are downloaded.
- Before upgrading to v2022.3, your existing installation must be at v5.6.2.x or later, licensed, and started successfully. If you attempt to upgrade directly to v2022.3, then the installer will display the following message:
Selected installation’s main version is earlier than 5.6.2 required for upgrade.
- For the server to start successfully, the port number specified for the serverport property of the server. properties file must not be in use. If the port is already in use, change the port number to an unused port number to correct the issue. The default port number is 80.
Apache Log4j Critical Vulnerabilities (CVE-2021-44228, CVE-2021-45046, CVE-2021-45105, CVE-2021-44832). Foundation APM uses Log4J versions 2.17.1 and 2.12.4 for all components in release 2021.3 or higher that contain fixes for all known security vulnerabilities.
TLSv1 and TLSv1.1 are disabled by default by the JRE configuration. To learn how to enable this, go to the Nectar Foundation APM Installation Guide, or to review the instructions go to: https://www.java.com/en/configure_crypto.html.
The database migrations started with release 2021.1 and will make it difficult to downgrade to Foundation APM releases 8.7.1 and below. We strongly advise customers to back up the RIG database before upgrading to v2022.3 and later.
CISCO UCM VKM
- When upgrading RIGs from a release prior to v8.0 that are monitoring Cisco UCM systems, additional time will be required based on the number of historical call detail records (CDRs) to perform database migration following restart.
- If the Cisco UCM VKM module is enabled on a system when upgrading to v2022.3 from a pre-7.x release, the Installer will detect it and display a warning message, informing the user to offboard any existing Cisco UCM systems before proceeding with the upgrade. For more information on offboarding, see Cisco UCM VKM Configuration Guide.
- Once the Cisco UCM system(s) has been offboarded, the user can re-run the upgrade process and select the Module Override to complete the upgrade.
CISCO MEETING SERVER VKM
For licensing, a status is received for each type of license (nolicense, activated, or expired). If a nolicense case, a WARNING event is generated. However, if the customer does not want to see these nolicense events, they can disable the associated poller(s).
CISCO EXPRESSWAY VKM
When onboarding Cisco Expressway VKM, use the same username and password across all cluster peers.
MICROSOFT SKYPE FOR BUSINESS VKM
Customers who upgrade to v2022.3 have the option to continue using the Legacy SfB module. However, to access the new SfB features available since v8.0, you must:
- Offboard the Legacy SfB system.
- Enable and onboard the new SfB VKM and system.
AVAYA CALL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (CMS) VKM
As of v8.1, Nectar no longer supports Avaya CMS r16 (and earlier). CMS r16 uses the 256-bit Diffie-Helman encryption algorithm, which is considered a security risk and has been deprecated. It is no longer supported in current SSH-2 implementations.
If you accept this CMS security vulnerability, you can maintain CMS r16 monitoring with Nectar using a Nectar version prior to v8.1.
AVAYA SYSTEM MANAGER VKM
If you onboard Avaya System Manager with invalid credentials, you must delete the incorrect entry and re-onboard the System Manager. For more information, see Avaya System Manager r7.1 and above.
IP OFFICE VKM (r10.1 and above)
Nectar leverages Avaya’s Service Monitoring Web Services API to monitor IP Office r10.1 and above. If you are currently monitoring an IPO r10.1 or above with Nectar v7.3 and prior, you can migrate to Nectar’s new API support by following these steps:
- Disable and remove the existing monitoring.
- Delete any IP Office traps in the Receiver module.
- Disable the previous module and enable the new module using RIG > Module Configuration.
- Restart the RIG.
For more information, see Avaya IP Office r10.1 and above Deployment Guide.
The Mother Module must be enabled for Perspective deployments. For more information, see Mother Module RIG Guide.
After upgrading to v2022.3, if you have or plan to manipulate a properties file that uses a file path or directory, then you must verify that you are using the proper backslash (\) or forward slash (/):
- Use double backslash (\\), for example, <drive>:\\<folder>\\<folder|file>
- Use single forward slash (/), for example, <drive>:/<folder>/<folder|file>
- Use single forward slash (/), for example, /<folder>/<folder|file>
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
You must upgrade to ‘Version 7.2 or later’ (CIP, EIP, RIG, Perspective Agent/Controller as well as the Nectar Foundation Client) to enable the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) audit logging. Logging is enabled by default but can be customized to suit your specific auditing needs. The Apps\<partner name>\etc\log4j2.xml file is used to enable that customization after the upgrade to ‘Version 7.2 or later’.
The upgrade to ‘Version 7.2 or later’ will back up your existing log4j2.xml file before installing the new version of that file.
If you have previously customized the log4j2.xml file, you will have to manually migrate those changes to the new log4j2.xml file. Your previous version can be accessed by navigating to Apps\<partner name>\rollback\etc\log4j2.xml AFTER you have upgraded.
NEW FEATURES, IMPROVEMENTS, AND RESOLVED ISSUES
Below you will find improvements, bug fixes, and technical upgrades for v2022.3.
Fixed minor issues in the Avaya Aura Communication Manager (CM), Avaya Session Manager (ASM), and Cisco video modules.
- CMP-10687 - JRE that is being installed by our product has been upgraded to use RedHat OpenJDK JRE 1.8.0_322
Currently, Nectar supports the following devices and applications. Nectar is consistently adding support for different devices and applications.
VENDOR KNOWLEDGE MODULES
Avaya Communication Manager (ACM)
Avaya Aura Module (AAM)
Cisco Meeting Server
Avaya Business Communication Manager (BCM)
Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)
Avaya Call Management System (CMS)
Note: CMS r16 and earlier require using a Nectar release prior to Nectar r8.1.
Cisco Unity Connection
Avaya Communication Server 1000 (CS1000)
Avaya System Manager
Avaya Session Manager
Microsoft Lync 2010 and 2013
Avaya IP Office
Microsoft Skype for Business
Avaya Modular Messaging
Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Module
Avaya Voice/Experience Portal (AVP/AEP)
VENDOR KNOWLEDGE SCRIPTS
Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE)
Sonus 1K/2K Session Border Controllers (SBCs)
Cisco 4K and 5K Integrated Services Routers (ISRs)
Aculab PLC Groomer II
Juniper Networks Netscreen VPN Firewall Poller Pack
AudioCodes Mediant Gateway Poller Pack
1000 and 3000
Juniper Networks Netscreen VPN Firewall Trap Pack
AudioCodes Mediant Gateway Trap
Juniper Networks Poller Pack
Avaya Aura AES Poller Pack
Juniper Networks Trap Pack
Avaya Aura AES Trap Pack
Linux Server (Host Wizard)
Avaya Media Gateway Poller Pack
Microsoft Server (Host Wizard)
Avaya G860 Media Gateways
Nagios Trap Pack
Cisco Router Poller Pack
NetApp Poller Pack
Cisco Router Trap Pack
NetApp Trap Pack
Dell OpenManage Poller Pack
NICE Perform eXpress Trap Pack
Extreme Networks Poller Pack
Oracle Poller Pack
Extreme Networks Trap Pack
Oracle Trap Pack
Genesys Poller Pack
Oracle Solaris Poller Pack
Genesys Trap Pack
Sonus 1K/2K Poller Pack
HP Autonomy etalk Qfiniti Call Recording Trap Pack
VMware Poller Pack